Tuesday 13 October 2015

How did teaching practice change my idea of how i see myself as a teacher?

Teaching practice took me right into reality. It allowed me to see children for how they behave in school. It is not the learners you get to know on papers but the ones you get to face in reality. The learner you use to be in school. The friend who never listened, focused or showed respect in school. You get to meet learners that might potentially cause your colleague to quit and leave the education system.


It was very challenging but a good challenge. It reflected of where I stood as an educator and on what I need to improve. It also made space to point out my good points. It showed me my relationship with the children and how they saw me. It showed me my teaching skills and through that, my eyes were enlightened on how I need to improve and how much space there was to improve as an educator. It made me realize that I am a first year and I need to really step up my game to survive in this industry. It showed me that education is not for the faint hearted and you need a strong character, great ambition and a big love for children to make it work in the education industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment